Early Years Excellence returns for 2018 – Nominate your products and publications now!
14th March 2018
Enter at teachwire.net/eyexcellence and share your resources with the sector – winners and shortlisted finalists will receive fantastic coverage in our print and digital Awards special, across our websites and through our social media channels:
- A total of 5k copies of Teach Early Years will feature coverage of the winners and finalists.
- An additional 1,500 copies of our Awards special will be distributed at Childcare Expo Midlands.
- Digital copies will be sent to our e-database of over 19,000 readers.
- Winners will be showcased on teachwire.net and com, which receive 65,000 unique users per month.
- @teachearlyyrs will celebrate the winners with its following of 2k.
Last year, Teach Early Years, the magazine for Foundation Stage professionals, launched its industry award scheme, Early Years Excellence. More than 300 products were put forward and 38 winners were shared with readers in our 2017 Awards special. Now it’s back for 2018, with revamped categories covering even more areas of early years learning and professional development – and once again, taking part is entirely free of charge.
Early Years Excellence was set up to celebrate the breadth and quality of the early years sector’s educational and professional development resources. In 2018, you can nominate products in 12 categories:
- Communication, Language & Literacy
- Creative play
- Digital learning
- Early exploration
- Happy & Healthy
- Picture books
- Toys & Games
Full criteria for each category are available at teachwire.net/eyexcellence.
Once again, our winners will be chosen from a shortlist of finalists by an expert panel of early years authors, leaders, consultants and educators. Judges include LEYF CEO June O’Sullivan MBE; managing director of the Old Station Nursery group, Sarah Steel; trainer Kathy Brodie; and award-winning author/illustrator Lizzy Stewart.
New for 2018, we’re inviting the early years workforce to get involved, through our Inspiring Online category – readers have until 20 July to vote for their favourite free-to-access early years blog or Facebook page at teachwire.net/eyexcellence/inspiringonline
How to enter
- Taking part is simple – simply visit net/eyexcellence and make your nominations before 30 April 2018. To be considered, all resources must be available to buy as of 31 August 2018.
- To be eligible, books (for children and adults) must have been published in the period 1 April 2017 – 31 August 2018. Please upload an electronic copy of each title nominated when completing the nomination form, or post hard copies to the following address:
Teach Early Years
Early Years Excellence 2018
21-23 Phoenix Court Hawkins Road
Colchester Essex CO2 8JY
- You may enter as many resources, products or publications as you wish, in as many categories as you wish. We reserve the right to move nominations to different categories where we deem another category is more
- Finalists will be announced in early June, with winners showcased in Teach Early Years 3, published 3 September. All winners will receive access to the relevant Awards logo and a celebration package to mark their achievement.