Relief Art Butterfly from Creative Steps
Wednesday 21st August 2019
Try this simple but stunning relief art project – perfect for kids of all ages! We used a Butterfly template, but you can adapt this idea to create fabulous art projects with any shape.
This project featured in the Summer 2019 issue of Creative Steps – a quarterly magazine packed with fun, easy craft ideas and activities, all designed to encourage learning through creative play for young children. Available in both print or online editions, buy the latest issue or subscribe to receive each issue at www.creativesteps.co.uk
SAVE 33% on the annual print subscription using promo code SUM19 reducing the price to just £20! Great value for more than 250 ideas throughout the year! CLICK HERE
RELIEF ART BUTTERFLY
EYFS Learning Zones: Exploring & Using Materials * Imagination * Understanding the World
You will need…
Sheets of White and Black paper
Chalks or pastels
Follow the steps:
- Fold the white paper in half and draw the outline half of a butterfly. A Template is provided, click here to download.
- Cut it out and you will have a symmetrical butterfly.
- Attach to the black paper with masking tape or tac. Keep the edges clear.
- Go all around the edges in different colours using crayons or pastels, working in outward strokes right to the edges of the black paper.
- Gently peel the butterfly off.
What other creatures or shapes can you create in the same way?
Click here to subscribe today!